KATY Cot Bed Mattress Review
The KATY Cot Bed Mattress is a comfortable and safe mattress that meets all the UK standards and it’s a good value for money. It is breathable and prevents perspiration with the removable mattress cover that is easy to clean.
The KATY Cot Bed Mattress is a comfy and safe mattress that makes bedtime a truly resting and comforting time for all toddlers; its breathable surface and a firm interior offers support to the child’s spine while releasing pressure.
KATY Cot Bed Mattress review
What are you buying?
It is made from high-grade density foam and Bennelli spring units encased in the foam. The springs and high-density foam makes it easy for your baby to turn without getting hurt or uncomfortable.
The mattress has an encasing made of a stocking net with an overlay of an adjustable waterproof membrane, that prevents absorption of water when the baby wets the cot. The adjustable membrane allows the cover to be slid to the desired position.
The covering is made of material quilted using pure polyester fillings to make it breathable and prevent perspiration, and thus making your child comfortable and cool.
The mattress cover also has a side-zip, which makes it easy to remove the cover and clean it. The removable quilted cover is washable at high temperatures of up to 60 degrees – high temperatures helps in eliminating bacteria and insects that may worsen or cause allergies to your child. Spare covers are also provided to act as back when cleaning used covers.
What makes KATY Cot Bed Mattress safe?
The cot mattress is made according to rigorous British standards of BS1877 that define specifics such as mattress thickness and materials used. The materials used to manufacture KATY cot mattresses are made without the use of flame retardants such as arsenic, phosphorus, and antimony, which may break down over time and get inhaled by your baby.
In fact, I get scared when I think of the possibility cited in some studies, which reveal that chemicals from flame retardants can cause Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and learning disabilities.
- The KATY cot bed mattress is made from materials that have no flame retardants such as arsenic and antimony that can be harmful to your child.
- The removable mattress cover makes it easy to clean.
- Sprung cot mattresses last longer and can support the baby better as s/he gets heavy.
- KATY cot bed mattresses tend to be more expensive as compared to the other traditional mattress brands in the market.
Anything else you should know?
- Cot mattresses have various designs largely due to their material make-up. Foam mattresses for example, has a single layer of foam with ventilations. Spring-interior cot mattresses on the other hand have a coiled spring inside and padded with foam for comfort. Natural fiber cot mattress has coconut fiber as its main base material. Latex is incorporated for strength and protection. Hypoallergenic mattresses are suitable for infants with allergic reactions to various allergens such as dust, pollen and dust mites.
- As a parent, be wary of cheap imitations that are often available at lower prices, but cannot provide the comfort, support, and safety that your child needs at their tender age.
- For the first six months, babies should sleep in their parent’s rooms to avoid occurrences of accidents. They can be transferred to regular beds once they are able to climb out of cots. When they attain a shoulder height that surpasses the highest rails on the cot, it’s advisable to move them in order to prevent unforeseen accidents.
A good night’s sleep is important for good health and general wellness. It is particularly important for infants since it is at this early stage of life that rapid body growth and development take place. A good sleep and feeding habits are inter-linked activities for infants. As such, it is important to understand that it is prudent to use cot mattresses that have been specifically designed for babies because mattresses designed for adults may not be sufficiently firm for a baby to sleep on for a long time.
As a first time parent, I finally chose the KATY cot bed mattress. I can confidently say that I have never been disappointed because it has been firm enough to take the toddlers occasional accidents and wear and tear. It is neither too hard nor soft, and it is still in perfect condition with no seams or rips coming loose and no dipping or sagging.
Read our best cot mattress reviews if you are still undecided and need more information.
Where to buy?
- Amazon UK: Click here to check today’s price